- With a knife, halve the brioches vertically. With a 4 cm (1 ½ in) wide spoon or a cookie cutter of the same size, hollow out the base, taking care not to pierce the bottom.
- The pâté should be at room temperature in order to delicately work at it with a fork until the texture becomes smooth. Then set aside the pâté to give yourself time to prepare the dates.
- Slice into each date to remove the pit and peel away the skin. Incorporate them into the pâté by once again gently mixing the preparation.
- Set the oven to 350°F (180°C). Fill in the brioche halves with 35 g of date pâté. Place them on a crumpled sheet of aluminum foil (to stabilize them). With a pastry brush, coat them with melted butter. Bake them for 5 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
- During this time, make breadcrumbs using the fried and salted corn kernels, crushing them very coarsely using a pestle. Sprinkle these breadcrumbs atop the little pâté-stuffed brioches. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place the little pâtés in a serving dish garnished with a few whole corn kernels.
- Serve with salad.
credit: recipe from Frédérick e.Grasser Hermé