Chablis andouillette with fondant carrots and herbs
- 4 andouillettes
- 600 g spring carrots
- 40 g butter
- 30 g sugar
- 2 shallots
- 200 ml Chablis wine
- 150 ml liquid cream
- 1 bunch of chervil, tarragon or chives
- Peel and wash carrots, leaving a bit of green stems.
- Sauté them 3 minutes with the butter in a skillet.
- Add the sugar, coat them well in it, then cover them with water.
- Cover with a sheet of parchment paper, cook at medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes to glaze them.
- Chop the shallots. Place them in a saucepan with the white wine, salt and pepper. Reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add the cream, continue cooking for 10 minutes to obtain a smooth sauce.
- Brown the andouillettes 8 to 10 minutes in a pan over medium heat with a spoonful of oil, then finish cooking them 5 minutes in the sauce.
- Chop the herbs coarsely, mix them with the carrots.
- Serve piping hot.