Cooked and Dry-Cured Ham and Veggie Millefeuilles
makes 4 millefeuilles
- 8 thin slices of cooked ham
- 4 thin slices of dry-cured ham
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 candied tomatoes
- 3 sprigs of basil
- 15 g (2 tbsp.) sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the eggplant and zucchini, then pat them dry. Cut them into strips. Spread the strips on a baking sheet, turning them halfway through cooking. Set aside.
- Place the bell pepper under the grill and turn it over as its skin darkens. Leave to cool, then remove the skin with a sharp knife. Cut the pepper into quarters and remove seeds.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the millefeuilles by sequentially layering 1 slice of cooked ham, 1 slice of grilled eggplant, 1 slice of dry-cured ham, 2 zucchini strips, 1 slice of bell pepper. Top off with 1 slice of cooked ham and 1 candied tomato.
- Add chopped basil, sesame seeds and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.