Dry Sausage and its Vegetable Skewer
- 1 dry sausage
- 8 small mushrooms
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 3 g (1 tsp.) Espelette chilli pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 small spring onions
- 1 knob of butter
- 5 g (½ tbsp.) icing sugar
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves
- Trim the mushroom stems and peel the skin off mushroom caps.
- Marinated mushrooms: in a bowl, pour the olive oil, add the Espelette chilli pepper and a pinch of salt. Add mushrooms and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Peel the onions. Put them in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, melt the butter until you obtain a hazelnut colour.
- Add the onions, sprinkle icing sugar over them and caramelize for a few moments.
- Wash the yellow bell pepper, cut it in half and remove the seeds. Using a cookie cutter, create 8 little shapes.
- Plunge these shapes into boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes, or until very tender.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Piece together the appetizer skewers by alternating 1 piece of pepper, 1 cherry tomato, 1 caramelized onion, 1 basil leaf and 1 marinated mushroom.
- Serve skewers with slices of dry sausage.