Flower-Shaped Pastry of Veggies and Cooked Ham with Herbs
makes 4 pastries
- 2 thin slices of cooked ham with herbs
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 12 white mushrooms
- 4 onions
- ½ red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few shavings of Mimolette Vieille cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 mini pie tins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Halve the sheets of filo pastry.
- Place a first half of filo pastry sheet at the bottom of a mini pie tin by giving it the shape of a flower. Add the other half, modeling it after the first.
- Secure the position of the sheets by placing a mini pie tin over them.
- Prepare the other three flower-shaped pastries in a similar fashion and cook them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pastries to cool before gently unmolding them.
- Remove the stems of white mushrooms and cut them in half or quarters, according to their size.
- Mince the onions.
- Cut the red bell pepper into strips.
- Heat up a frying pan with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of olive oil, then throw in all the vegetables. Sauté for 5 minutes over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and distribute among the pastries.
- Cut the ham slices in half. Add 1 slice of cooked ham with herbs to each pastry, and top with a few shavings of Mimolette Vieille. Serve immediately.