Gourmet Salad with Lardons, Leeks and Radishes
- 200 g (7 oz) lardons (bacon strips)
- 4 leeks
- 1 shallot
- A few hazelnuts
- 1 handful of pink radishes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sesame oil and raspberry vinegar
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Wash and pare the leeks. Steam them 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are tender. Drain. Set aside.
- In a very hot pan, without adding any fat, sauté the lardons for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Coarsely crush the hazelnuts and roast them in a very hot pan for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Wash the radishes and cut them into fine rings.
- Cut the leeks lengthwise, in a “tagliatelle” fashion.
- Combine the leeks, lardons and radishes, mix well, and serve with dressing.