Lardon and Gruyère Muffins
makes 12 muffins
- 120 g (4 oz) smoked lardons
- 160 ml (5 oz) milk
- 125 ml (4 oz) sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 160 g (1 1/8 cup) flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (5 ½ oz) grated Gruyère cheese
- Brown the lardons in a hot skillet. Set them on paper towels to drain.
- Warm the milk and oil in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, flour, yeast, salt and pepper.
- Add the grated Gruyère, mix, then incorporate the lardons.
- Pour the mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven.
- Remove muffins from the oven. Serve warm or cold.