Quiche Bites with Red Pepper, Cucumber, Kiwi and Mascarpone Jelly
- 1 big quiche
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
- 1 ½ gelatin sheet
- 200 g (7 oz) mascarpone
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 kiwis
- ½ cucumber
- A few poppy seeds
- A few wasabi peas
- Wash the red pepper, remove seeds and cut into pieces. Cook the pieces in 160 ml (5 oz) of sugar water for at least 10 minutes. Drain and mix in a food processor.
- Plunge the gelatin sheets in a container with cold water, then wring gently to remove excess water. Incorporate them to the sweet pepper coulis. Mix well until completely dissolved.
- Divide the mixture into four verrine glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, allowing for the jelly to set properly.
- In a container, mix the mascarpone with the lemon juice.
- Wash, peel and dice the kiwis and cucumber.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone and a few diced cucumber-kiwis over the sweet pepper jelly. Sprinkle with a few poppy seeds and crushed wasabi peas. Refrigerate while the quiche is warming up.
- Heat the quiche according to package instructions.
- Serve the hot quiche with the chilled verrine glasses.