Reinvented Club Sandwich with Rosette de Lyon
for 1 person
- 1 Rosette de Lyon dry sausage
- 1 carrot
- 1 red (or green) bell pepper
- 15% cooking cream
- 3 slices of sandwich bread
- 2 small white onions
- 2 fresh cheeses
- Espelette chilli pepper IGP
- 1 handful of chives
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the carrot and cut into strips; julienne the bell pepper and cut the onions into slices.
- Mince 50 g of Rosette de Lyon and cut the rest into sticks.
- Put the cream and minced Rosette in a saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes then chill for 30 minutes.
- Incorporate the 2 cheeses to the infusion, then add the Espelette chilli pepper and chopped chives.
- Adjust the seasoning and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the cut vegetables and the remainder of the Rosette (in sticks).
- Spread the 3 bread slices with the cheese and chive-infused cream, then cut them into triangles.
- On the first slice of bread, place a lettuce leaf and some of the vegetable and Rosette mix. Cover with second slice of bread, lettuce and the rest of the vegetable mix. Cover with last slice of bread.
- We can sneak a few sausage slices in between layers.