Roasted Monkfish with Lardons and Candied Lemons
- 200 g (7 oz) smoked lardons
- 2 onions
- 4 candied lemons
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- Segments and juice of 1 grapefruit
- 1 shallot
- 500 g (1 lb) monkfish fillet
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cumin seeds
- 4 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- A few snow peas
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Quarter the candied lemons.
- In a skillet, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of olive oil. Sauté the lardons and onions until golden brown. Set aside.
- Peel the grapefruit and slice it in segments. Transfer them to a salad bowl. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the grapefruit. Pour that juice in a different salad bowl and add the olive oil and minced shallot. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the skillet, add the slices of monkfish. Cook 1 minute on each side. Pour the grapefruit juice. Add the cumin seeds, lardons and onions. Season with pepper and a little salt. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Suggested accompaniment: a few snow peas.