Sausages with Pears, Apples and Onions
- 4 knack smoked sausages
- 4 small pears
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Juniper berries
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 red onion
- Canola oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) mustard seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prick sausages with a fork and cut them into three pieces. Place them on parchment paper and cook them in the oven until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fruits: peel the pears but leave stems intact[MOH1] . Place them in a pot with enough water to cover. Add the honey, lemon zest and juniper berries. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Hollow out the apples and cut them into small cubes (without peeling them).
- Peel the red onion and cut into small pieces. Sauté in a nonstick skillet with a bit of canola oil. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the mustard seeds and cubed apples. Let them brown.
- Prepare the preheated plates with 1 cooked pear, 3 pieces of sausage and a few spoonfuls of the apple and onion mixture.