Smoked Sausages and Red Lentils with Candied Tomatoes
- 2 smoked sausages (Morteau sausages PGI)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 small onions
- 750 g (2 ¾ cups) red lentils
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) curry powder
- 2.2 L (10 cups) vegetable broth
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) candied tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions. Add the red lentils and curry powder, and brown for 1 minute. Drizzle with vegetable both and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper towards the end of the cooking.
- Keep warm.
- As the lentils are cooking, place the sausages in a large quantity of salted boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain the sausages, cut them into rings and serve with red lentils. Garnish with a few candied tomatoes and sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.