White Sausage, Carrot and Bell Pepper Timbales
- 2 boudins blancs (white sausages)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) cumin seeds
- Juice of 1 orange
- 400 g carrot purée
- Salt and pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbps.) olive oil
- Cut the bell peppers into strips. Pour 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of olive oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté the bell peppers for 10 minutes over medium heat. Drizzle with the juice of an orange and continue cooking for 10 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the boudins into rings. In a pan, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of olive oil and brown the rings on each side.
- Gently heat the carrot purée.
- Create the timbales using a circular metal band. Start by placing the carrot purée, cover it with boudin rings, then the drained bell pepper. Finish with the rest of the boudin rings. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.